Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New year, new adventures

New Year's day seems like a good time to add something new to my life...like maybe a blog?  I always thought that as you got older, your life slowed down - that doesn't appear to be the case, at least not for me.

I'm starting the blog because I want to document a HUGE adventure - starting on March 7th, I will be riding my bicycle from San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL.  I will be traveling with about 30 other women on the WomanTours Southern Tier tour.

There are 65 more days before I leave home, hearth and husband behind to spend two months on two wheels.  I have been preparing for this for over two years now. The story of how I got here, and how much it surprises me, will unfold as time goes on.  Suffice it to say, I am very excited and more than a little overwhelmed as the enormity of this sinks in.

No comments: