Thursday, January 3, 2013

OUTSIDE!!!

For the first time in what seems like forever, I got to ride outside.  The temp was 35-40F, sunshine, minimal breezes.  I had been worried that the trainer just was not going to be enough to get me ready for the tour, I was particularly concerned about hills.

It took me a few minutes to get my bike handling skills back online and I warmed up quickly.  I was pleasantly surprised that the hills were no problem.  I only did a few small ones, nothing over 4% grade, but these are hills I have done before and I did them as well or better than on previous rides. 

All the adjustments and rearrangements worked well.  The new stem bag is perfect and the fenders are working well with no rubbing, I keep forgetting they are even there.  I guess I should try a puddle one of these days just for fun, but I think I'll wait until the puddles are something besides icy slush.

The trainer works - one less thing to worry about.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You're going to be great! I'm looking forward to your trip.