Saturday, March 30, 2013

Ft. Davis to Marathon

My legs were still feeling rather jello like this morning so I opted to bump out past the  hilly part of the ride and start at the 20 mile mark.  It was cool and overcast, my perfect riding  conditions.  We stopped in Alpine so some folks could visit the bike guy.  He got them all fixed  up in short order and we continued on.  

Passed some pretty views and even stopped and took pictures.  but let me tell you about West Texas cell/wi-fi coverage.  To say it is "spotty" might be an understatement.  In some places there is none at all and in others, it is a challenge to find it.  At Ft. Davis there was one particular yucca plant that you could stand by to get a cell connection, if you moved two steps in any direction, the conversation was over.  The morning we left a deer was eating the  yucca blossoms, so who knows whether you can get a connection there at all right now.

I have put new pictures on some of the older posts, so you might want to check them out.  I will add pictures to this post and newer ones as soon as Blogger decides to start cooperating again.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Judi - Hope the cool weather stays with you. Enjoy the riding. I found little if any cell coverage for much of the ride until the second half.